Swivel Joints Permit Easy Movement in any DirectionOPW Engineered Systems fabricated and cast ball bearing swivel joints offer many outstanding features that contribute to their dependability and long life. Quality construction standards include precision machining and 100% penetration welding by certified welders. OPW swivel joints allow you to construct a metal piping system that is moveable, flexible and reliable. You can count on OPW.
1. Tight SealsO-rings are used to provide a tight seal without hindering swivel action. Because the grooves are accurately machined and micro-finished, wear is minimal. Available seals include Buna-N, Viton™, Teflon™, EPT, Neoprene, and even Kalrez or other specialty seals as needed. All Teflon™ seals are spring energized, with a 316 stainless steel garter spring.
2. True Ball Bearing Race AlignmentBody and tail sections are locked together by a double row of ball bearings. Raceways are machined to precise tolerances. This double race design assures proper alignment and prevents binding caused by temperature changes or heavy radial loads. Carbon steel swivels have hardened races to maximize load-carrying capability.
3. Protected Bearing ChamberProduct cant enter the bearing chamber because of the protective inner O-ring seal. An outer seal keeps rain, dirt, and other contaminants out. Both seals hold lubricant in.
4. Long-Life BearingsBall Bearings are hardened, precision-ground steel. Stainless steel swivels have stainless steel bearings. All OPW swivels are available with stainless steel bearings on special order.
5. Easy LubricationAll OPW swivels are pre-lubricated at the factory, and all _, 1 and submerged service swivels are permanently lubricated. For swivels requiring field lubrication, a grease fitting between the races accepts a standard grease gun. Non- lubricated swivels are available on special order.
6. No Field Adjustment NecessaryBalls are held in place by factory-installed plugs that never need adjustment to maintain ball bearing performance.
100% Penetration WeldingOf particular importance is the 100% penetration welding of fabricated steel and stainless steel swivels. OPW swivel joints are available in many different styles and sizes, from _ and up, with threaded, flanged, and butt welding ends. Steam jacketed swivels as well as split flange units are also available.
If you do not see your Swivel Joint or Part, give us a call or email, and we will be glad to assist you!